SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT BY HIS EMINENCE ARCHBISHOP MAKARIOS
For our particular Parish the following is now in effect:
- All Churches are now closed to Parishioners for Services. Limited Services behind closed doors will be broadcast via Fr Nicholas’ Facebook Page. More information as it comes to hand.
- Our Sunday Evening Talks have been suspended.
- Thursday Senior Citizens has been suspended.
- Greek Dancing Classes have been suspended.
- Greek National Day Celebrations (Wednesday 25 March) have been cancelled.
- More information regarding other Parish activities will be given as it comes to hand.
The Greek Orthodox Parish-Community of the Dormition of the Theotokos is situated in the South-Eastern Brisbane suburb of Mt Gravatt. At its heart is the Church of which the current one was established under the then-guidance of Reverend Father Isidoros Sideris (+ 1989), with the foundation stone being laid in 1974. Our current Parish priests are the Reverend Father Nicholas Brown, a graduate of St Andrew’s Greek Orthodox Theological College in Sydney, and the Very Reverend Father Constantine Lentakis who has faithfully served the Parish since 1980. Our Parish is under the spiritual care of His Eminence Archbishop Makarios– Primate of the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of Australia, and serves the many needs of the local Greek and English speaking Orthodox Christians.
Parish Admin Office: Monday to Friday, 9:30am to 2:30pm.
Priest’s Office: Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday, 4pm to 5:30pm, Friday, 9:30am to 11am. Please contact the Office to make an appointment.