IMPORTANT MESSAGE REGARDING 15 AUGUST 2020 (FEAST OF THE DORMITION)
IMPORTANT MESSAGE REGARDING THE REOPENING OF OUR CHURCH
• You may book to attend Sunday Services. We are only permitted 100 worshippers by law. Contact our Office on 33437304 to book. You must leave your name and phone number. Please do not book for your friends or others outside your home. They must book individually. For minor weekday services, bookings with the office are not essential as we rarely have over 100 in attendance. An attendance sheet must be filled in at the entrance for these services and safe Covid practices must be adhered to.
• Memorials are still being held at Mt Gravatt Cemetery for more than 10 people in attendance. If you have under 10 in attendance you may have the Memorial Service in the Church.
• Please be patient with myself and our staff. We are trying hard to get you back into Church but it must be done slowly and according to the current laws.
• When arriving at Church your name will be ticked off, you must use the hand sanitiser, you may light a candle, BUT you must not venerate (kiss) the icons or the priest’s hand etc.
• Please keep social distancing. Markers are on the pews that show where you must sit. People who live together may sit together. Others must have a 1.5 metre distance between them. Do not shake hands, hug or kiss others in Church.
• Please sanitise your hands when exiting the Church through the side doors.
Live streaming will also be continuing.
We appreciate your patience and hope to see you in Church soon.
The Greek Orthodox Parish-Community of the Dormition of the Theotokos is situated in the South-Eastern Brisbane suburb of Mt Gravatt. At its heart is the Church of which the current one was established under the then-guidance of Reverend Father Isidoros Sideris (+ 1989), with the foundation stone being laid in 1974. Our current Parish priests are the Reverend Father Nicholas Brown, a graduate of St Andrew’s Greek Orthodox Theological College in Sydney, and the Very Reverend Father Constantine Lentakis who has faithfully served the Parish since 1980. Our Parish is under the spiritual care of His Eminence Archbishop Makarios– Primate of the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of Australia, and serves the many needs of the local Greek and English speaking Orthodox Christians.
Parish Admin Office: Monday to Friday, 9:30am to 2:30pm.
Priest’s Office: Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday, 4pm to 5:30pm, Friday, 9:30am to 11am. Please contact the Office to make an appointment.