IMPORTANT MESSAGE REGARDING THE REOPENING OF OUR CHURCH
Dear Parishioners and friends,
• from 28 June we are trialling the Sunday Church Service for limited numbers. These 20 have booked with the office. No exceptions can be made due to current restrictions.
• The following Sunday (5 July) the same applies and bookings have already been filled.
• From Monday 29 June people may book to attend the Service on 12 July as we are then permitted 100 worshippers. Contact our Office on 33437304. You must leave your name and phone number. Please do not book for your friends or others outside your home. They must book individually.
• Weekday services are closed to the public for now.
• Memorials are still being held at Mt Gravatt Cemetery and not in the Church on Sundays until further notice.
• Please be patient with myself and our staff. We are trying hard to get you back into Church but it must be done slowly and according to the current laws.
• When arriving at Church your name will be ticked off, you must use the hand sanitiser, you may light a candle, BUT you must not venerate (kiss) the icons or the priest’s hand etc.
• Please keep social distancing. Markers are on the pews that show where you must sit. People who live together may sit together. Others must have a 1.5 metre distance between them. Do not shake hands, hug or kiss others in Church.
• Please sanitise your hands when exiting the Church through the side doors.
Live streaming will also be continuing.
We appreciate your patience and hope to see you in Church soon.
The Greek Orthodox Parish-Community of the Dormition of the Theotokos is situated in the South-Eastern Brisbane suburb of Mt Gravatt. At its heart is the Church of which the current one was established under the then-guidance of Reverend Father Isidoros Sideris (+ 1989), with the foundation stone being laid in 1974. Our current Parish priests are the Reverend Father Nicholas Brown, a graduate of St Andrew’s Greek Orthodox Theological College in Sydney, and the Very Reverend Father Constantine Lentakis who has faithfully served the Parish since 1980. Our Parish is under the spiritual care of His Eminence Archbishop Makarios– Primate of the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of Australia, and serves the many needs of the local Greek and English speaking Orthodox Christians.
Parish Admin Office: Monday to Friday, 9:30am to 2:30pm.
Priest’s Office: Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday, 4pm to 5:30pm, Friday, 9:30am to 11am. Please contact the Office to make an appointment.